Biochemistry of blood in adults and children. Result and its decoding
Biochemistry of blood can give a holisticthe idea of how this or that body works. This is one of the most reliable methods of diagnosis. The analysis can also answer the question of whether there is a deficiency of a vitamin or a microelement. The most active biochemistry of blood is used in the following sectors - gynecology, cardiology, therapy, urology, gastroenterology.
And the analysis is capable to establish in advance that,which of the bodies does not perform its functions very well. Each change in the biochemistry of the blood will indicate the presence of an unfavorable situation and that you need to urgently go to the polyclinic.
The procedure for carrying out the analysis is as follows. From a vein (elbow) is taken not less than five milliliters of blood. The results are recorded in a special form, which lists all the important components, the "measurement" of which targets blood biochemistry. In medical practice, there are standard, "healthy" data, with which the obtained figures are compared, taking into account the age and sex of the patient. For the final diagnosis, the results of the analysis should be compared with the symptomatology of the disease.
Biochemistry of blood is aimed at identifying such indicators as:
- proteins (ferritin, transferrin, myoglobin, total protein, C-reactive, albumin, etc.);
- enzymes (lipase, lactate, amylase, gamma-GT, ALT and others);
- lipids (triglycerides, cholesterol (total, LDL, HDL);
- pigments (bilirubin);
- low molecular weight nitrogenous substances;
- vitamins and inorganic substances (phosphorus, magnesium, chlorine, sodium, calcium, potassium, iron, etc.).
Features of the preparation for blood biochemistry
The reliability and accuracy of the result will be greatly affected by the degree to which preparation for it was correct. The basic laws are as follows:
- The analysis should be given on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Before him you can not drink and even eat chewing gum.
- It is recommended to contact only specialized medical institutions, where you can get advice on the results.
Biochemical blood test in children
The appointment is made by the doctor, when necessaryget a detailed picture of the internal organs of the child. For example, my mother complains about a number of symptoms that can be interpreted as signs of several diseases. The pediatrician, in turn, to make the final diagnosis, gives an appointment to make a biochemical blood test. Decipherment in children has a specific character and is somewhat different from the interpretation of the results of an adult. In a child, the main indicators of blood biochemistry are called "metabolic set," and more attention is given to the following points:
- blood glucose level. Sugar is necessary for a growing body to provide its energy. Deviations to a large extent indicate the development of diabetes, and the smaller - the presence of hypoglycemia.
- The amount of calcium in the body that is neededfor the normal course of the processes of muscle contraction, the transmission of nerve impulses. He also participates in the secretion of hormones. Therefore, an increase or decrease in the level of calcium in the body indicates the presence of hormonal imbalance, problems with the pancreas, bone tissue and liver.
- Water-salt balance in the body. Chlorides, carbonates, potassium and sodium (electrolytes) help maintain a balance of liquid and acid-base medium. They play an important role for the work of the brain, muscles and heart.
- A test is performed on the functioning of the kidneys. Creatinine and urea are the end products of metabolism that are excreted by the kidneys.
But you need to keep in mind that submitting an analysis for blood biochemistry is not an easy procedure for which the child needs to be prepared.