Hepatoprotectors (drugs): a list of the best, classification
The human liver has an amazing property -ability to recover independently. However, in today's conditions of life, it becomes easily legible. The organ is especially vulnerable to those people who do not adhere to the right way of life: they consume alcohol, unhealthy food, various pharmaceutical products. It is not surprising that many doctors recommend that doctors take hepatoprotectors - drugs, the list of which is quite extensive. All of them perform the most important function - they help protect the liver.
Medicines that have a positive effect on the functioning of the liver and contribute to its recovery are hepatoprotectors.
Preparations, the list of which will be given below, perfectly protect the body from:
- aggressive medicines;
- effects of poisons;
Using them can improve metabolism. They ensure the working capacity of liver cells. Thus, the main function of drugs is to protect the body from the negative effects of various damaging factors.
Modern pharmacologists have developed the mosta variety of hepatoprotectors. The list of drugs is subject to separation according to the principle of action and composition. However, all these medicines benefit the liver. But they should be taken only after consultation with a specialist.
In addition, it is important to understand: hepatoprotectors are not able to fully protect the body from the harm that alcohol does. The only way to prevent a damaging effect is to protect the body from alcohol-containing beverages.
Not only for treatment, but also for preventive purposes, hepatoprotectors (drugs) are prescribed.
The list of medicines included in this group has sufficiently wide indications for use:
- It is expedient to use them for people, constantly interacting with chemical, radioactive, toxic components.
- Such drugs are useful to people of age, because their liver often needs medical support.
- In addition, these funds are useful in the fight against diseases of the digestive tract, bile ducts.
But the most important thing is to remember that you can apply hepatoprotectors only after the appointment of a doctor.
Mechanism of action
The liver is able to function normally onlyIn the event that the cell membranes are integral. If they are clogged, the organ can not perform the purification function. In this case, hepatoprotectors for the liver are prescribed. The list of effective drugs that can speed up the process of metabolism in cells is very wide. However, to use them at your own discretion, without the appointment of a doctor, is not worth it.
Hepatoprotectors improve functioningenzyme systems of the body, accelerate the movement of substances, enhance cell protection, improve their nutrition, participate in fission. This all provides restoration of the liver. In addition, the biochemical performance of the organ is significantly improved.
It should be remembered that there area variety of hepatoprotectors. Preparations, the list of which is classified depending on the mechanism of action and the basic substance, perform various functions. Some medicines restore damaged cells much more quickly. Others better cleanse the liver.
Despite such differences, all medicines have common properties:
- Hepatoprotectors are based on natural substances, components of the normal natural environment of the body.
- Their action is aimed at restoring the impaired functioning of the liver and normalizing the metabolism.
- Preparations neutralize toxic products that enter the body from the outside or form inside, due to impaired metabolism or disease.
- Medicines promote the regeneration of cells and ensure their resistance to harmful effects.
Use of medicines
So, hepatoprotectors are medicines,They have a positive effect on the functioning of the liver. However, they all differ in the mechanism of action. Such agents can provide the following properties to the body: anti-inflammatory, antifibrotic, metabolic.
These drugs are widely used when:
- liver diseases (alcoholic and non-alcoholic);
- hepatitis (medicinal, viral, toxic);
- cholestatic lesions;
- toxicosis during pregnancy.
Classification of medicines
Unfortunately, until today there is no single system that allows to divide into groups of hepatoprotectors (drugs).
The classification, which has found application in medicine, is as follows:
- Essential phospholipids. Medicines included in this group are obtained fromsoybeans. These are excellent hepatoprotectors of plant origin. The list of medicines belonging to this group: Essentiale forte, Phosphogliv, Rezalut Pro, Essliver forte. Vegetable phospholipids resemble those found in human liver cells. That is why they naturally integrate into the diseased cells and contribute to their recovery. Medicines have virtually no side effects. Very rarely they are able to cause an allergic reaction, if a person has an individual drug intolerance, or a loosening of the stool.
- Plant flavonoids. Such medicines are naturalcompounds - natural antioxidants. The action of the drugs is aimed at neutralizing free radicals. Medicaments are obtained from medicinal plants: celandine, medicinal hazelnut, thistle, turmeric. These are quite popular hepatoprotectors. The list of medicines composing this group: "Karsil", "Gepabene", "Silimar", "Legalon", "Hepatofalk Planta." Such medications are distinguished by a small list of side effects. In some cases, they are capable of provoking allergic manifestations or loosening of the stool. These drugs have not only a hepatoprotective effect. They excellently relieve gallbladder spasm, contribute to the improvement of the outflow of bile and its production. That is why these drugs are prescribed for hepatitis, accompanied by dyskinesia of the biliary tract, cholecystitis.
- Derivatives of amino acids. These medications are based on protein componentsand other essential substances for the body. This ensures the direct participation of these drugs in the metabolism. They supplement and normalize the metabolic process, have a detoxification effect and support the body. In severe forms of intoxication, hepatic insufficiency is prescribed precisely such hepatoprotectors. The list of drugs included in the number of amino acid derivatives is as follows: "Heptral", "Heptor", "Gepa-Merz", "Gepasol A", "Gepasol Neo", "Remaxol", "Gepasteryl". These drugs often provoke side effects. Among them there are: discomfort in the abdomen, nausea, diarrhea.
- Drugs of ursodeoxycholic acid. These medications are based on naturalcomponent - the bile of the Himalayan bear. This substance is called ursodeoxycholic acid. The component contributes to the improvement of solubility and the release of bile from the human body. The substance reduces the damage and death of the liver cells in a variety of ailments. Ursodeoxycholic acid has an immunomodulating effect. With cholelithiasis, fatty hepatosis, biliary cirrhosis, alcoholic illness, it is these hepatoprotectors for liver that will benefit. List of the most effective drugs: Ursodex, Ursodez, Ursosan, Ursofalk, PMS-Ursodiol, Urdoksa, Urzofalk, Urso 100, Ursodeoxycholic Acid, Ursoliv, Ursolizin "," Ursorom S "," Ursohol "," Holudexan ". These medications are contraindicated in severe hepatic and renal insufficiency, decompensated liver cirrhosis, pancreatitis, acute ulcer, calcium stones in the bile, acute inflammation of the bladder.
In addition to the drugs listed above, there are other drugs that have hepatoprotective properties.
These include dietary supplements:
Some homeopathic medicines also have a hepatoprotective effect:
However, in these drugs, the concentration of necessary substances is insufficient. Therefore, for diseases they are not recommended for use.
Consider the most effective hepatoprotectors - a list of the best medicines, according to doctors.
The drug "Galstena"
This tool is one of the bestmedicines to combat liver diseases in children. Such a drug can be used from the first days of a baby's life. The drug is a representative of a group that includes combined hepatoprotectors (drugs).
The instruction indicates that the medicamenthas a protective effect on liver cells. It promotes the production of bile in a normal consistency. This prevents the formation of stones. The medicine relieves of pain syndrome in the liver region, relieves spasms.
It is used in the treatment of hepatitis. Assign it and prevent damage to liver cells. This drug is recommended for patients who undergo chemotherapy or antibiotic treatment.
The medicine has practically no contraindications. It is not recommended to use only those who have individual sensitivity to the components of the drug.
The drug Essentiale
The agent is based on highly purified phospholipids. They perfectly normalize the metabolic functions in the gland, protect its cells from external influences. In addition, this drug stimulates the restoration of the liver.
The remedy is used for the following ailments:
- fatty hepatosis;
- hepatic coma;
The drug "Essentiale" in the form of a solution is allowed to use for children from 3 years of age. The medicine in capsules is recommended for use from 12 years.
The medicine is used to combat variousforms of hepatitis. The drug perfectly allows you to lower the level of bilirubin, liver enzymes, which penetrate as a result of cell damage in the bloodstream. In addition, it is used for prophylaxis in immunodeficiency or chemotherapy.
The drug has an excellent anti-inflammatory effect, promotes the activation of restorative processes in cells.
The medication has a small amount of contraindications and side effects. It is not recommended to use it for acute renal failure.
Children who are under 4 years of age are not prescribed medication.
It is one of the most popular hepatoprotectors of plant origin. From the ripe fruits of milk thistle they receive the necessary substance - silymarin. It is found in many effective medicines.
Hepatoprotectors-preparations based on milk thistle:
Such drugs are used in toxicliver damage, hepatitis, fatty disease. In addition, it is scientifically confirmed that milk thistle has antioxidant properties. It protects the liver from the development of connective tissue, provides excellent anti-inflammatory effect.
Such features allow us to assign these hepatoprotectors (drugs of plant origin) to patients suffering from chronic pathologies of the gland.
Medicines based on silymarin are allowed for use by children from the age of five.
The medicine "Hepel"
Homeopathic drug allows you to removespasms, restore liver cells, improve the functioning of the bile. The drug is used for various ailments of the gland due to a variety of therapeutic effects. In addition, this medication is effective in the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, some skin diseases.
The drug can be administered even to newborn babies (with jaundice). However, only under the supervision of a doctor.
The medicine "Holenzim"
The drug is an effective combination drug. It combines bile and certain pancreatic enzymes. This drug increases the outflow of bile, greatly improves digestion.
The remedy is used for cholecystitis,chronic hepatitis and some pathologies of the digestive system. Contraindications to the prescription of the medicine "Holenzim" are: obstructive jaundice, acute pancreatitis. In some cases, side effects are possible in the form of allergic manifestations (itching, redness).
This drug is contraindicated for children under 12 years.
The medicine "Ursosan"
The active substance of the agent is ursodeoxycholic acid. It provides formation with cholesterol of liquid connections. As a result, the body is protected from the formation of stones.
In addition, this substance reduces the production ofcholesterol, is an effective protection for hepatic cells. The remedy is used to fight against cholelithiasis. Effectively eliminates the symptoms of biliary cirrhosis.
The drug is contraindicated in the case of acute cholecystitis, obstruction of the biliary tract, the presence of calcified stones.
The medication can be used only for those children who are already 5 years old.
The drug "Geptral"
The agent is based on ademethionine - an amino acid,taking part in many biochemical reactions taking place in the body. This substance improves the physical properties of bile, reduces toxicity and facilitates its withdrawal.
The medication is prescribed for:
- fatty degeneration,
- cirrhotic liver disorders,
- chronic hepatitis.
The drug has side effects. It can provoke dyspeptic disorders of the digestive tract, disturbances in sleep, psyche. Sometimes causes allergic reactions. This remedy is not intended for individuals up to the age of 18, pregnant and lactating mothers.
The best drugs for children
All of the above allows us to conclude what kind of hepatoprotectors are used for babies.
The list for children contains the following drugs:
- From the newborn period. Used drugs: "Galstena", "Hepel".
- Babies from 3 years. It is allowed to apply the medicament "Essentiale".
- Children from 4 years. Assign the "Antral".
- Five-year-old children. Drugs can be included in the therapy: Karsil, Legalon, Gepabene, Ursosan.
- From the age of 12. Assign the medicine "Holenzim".
- We are 18 years old. You can take the medicine "Heptral".
However, do not forget that any medicine should be taken only after his appointment as a doctor.