Why staphylococcus in infants
Modern science has more than 25varieties of staphylococcus, but here the danger to humans is borne by only three of their species. The most dangerous is Staphylococcus aureus. The microbe causes inflammation of the mucous membranes of the human body, leads to allergic reactions, destroys the structure of cells. In addition, this microbe is very difficult to fight because of its resistance to antibiotics.
Each of us has learned to co-exist withstaphylococcus aureus. He lives in our respiratory system, is always present on the skin, is in the microflora of the intestine. However, in a healthy body, staphylococcus is inactive, it is restrained by other microbes. Once the balance is broken, the malicious microbe starts active reproduction, which is fraught with various health problems.
Where does staphylococcus in infants
The most serious diseases that this microbial provokes are:
- staphylococcal pneumonia;
- staphylococcal sepsis, i.e. infection of blood.
This microorganism also causes:
- syndrome of "scalded skin" of the baby - irritation in the form of blisters resembling burns;
- dysbiosis with a green frothy stool in the baby and colic;
- inflammation of the small and large intestine;
- inflammation of the skin around the umbilical wound;
- all kinds of purulent processes on the skin.
Where does staphylococcus a babe? The fact is that as soon as a baby is born, it is sterile, but from the very first minute of the baby's life, microbes begin to colonize its body. They penetrate into the nasopharynx, intestines, stomach, settle on the skin. And this is normal, the baby adapts to the new environment.
The problem of maternity hospitals can rightly be consideredpathogenic staphylococcus aureus. In such places disinfection takes place strictly according to the schedule and quite often. It kills absolutely all microorganisms: both pathogenic, and all the rest. And this vacant space occupies one of the first places namely the golden staphylococcus, which, as a rule, brings on itself medical staff. There is no competition, and the microbe begins to multiply actively. Staphylococcus aureus in the baby grows and develops without difficulty. And all because the body of the newborn still does not know how to deal with hostile microbes.
Staphylococcus in infants: prevention
To minimize the probability of disease due to ingestion of newborn microbes, it does not take too much.
- It is necessary to comply with the measure in the disinfection of premises, not to limit the entire visit. This will preserve the normal microflora of the environment.
- To prevent diseases that causeStaphylococcus in infants, the baby should be applied to the breast as early as possible. A huge plus that in modern maternity homes allow the joint stay of the baby with the mother. Thus, the child becomes accustomed to normal microflora during physical contact with the mother and thanks to breast milk, which contains antibodies for the protection of crumbs.
- After natural childbirth follows as it is possiblefaster to leave home. Then you hardly have to learn that there is staphylococcus in the baby. More correctly, if the baby leaves the hospital environment and begins to adapt to the home as soon as possible.
- The child's hygiene and the treatment of the ward are naturally necessary, but without fanaticism.
Staphylococcus is always present in our organisms. They treat not him, but a staphylococcal infection. In principle, it is completely impossible to get rid of this microorganism.
</ strong </ p>